Tuesday, November 1, 2016

All Saints

November 1st is All Saints' Day on the liturgical calendar.  This is the day when we remember all of who have died, especially those who have died in the past year.  If you are Lutheran (and a few other denominations), chances are good you'll be singing  this hymn on Sunday:

"For All the Saints Who from Their Labors Rest"
by William W. How, 1823-1897
1. For all the saints who from their labors rest,
Who Thee by faith before the world confess,
Thy name, O Jesus, be forever blest,
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Or, if you're like me, you've been singing it all day today because it's been stuck in your head.  At any rate, I went looking for saint shoes for tonight's post:


Of course, the majority of what pops up are along these lines, which isn't exactly what I was going for, so I had to look a little harder.




This is more along the lines of what I had in mind, but it seems extremely disrespectful to be stomping around on icons and the faces of the saints.

Less disrespectful (?), but I'm thinking I'll stick with icons that sit on a shelf or hang on a wall rather than go on my feet.

Today I've been thinking about my dad's sister who died unexpectedly recently.  As always I also think of my grandparents and many other loved ones who have died.  I hope you are able to celebrate the lives of your loved ones who have died as well, even as you grieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...