Saturday, May 25, 2013

Whew!

I had turned my computer off and was getting ready for bed when I realized I hadn't even thought about posting today.  It wasn't a hectic day or anything, I apparently just spaced it.  Actually, it was quite a lovely day.  A friend and I went to the farmers' market this morning, and then spent time in our lovely backyard.  After she left I had a nap, did some housework, and finished my sermon.  So now I'm slipping this in with almost an hour to spare!  So, to the calendar:
 
 
After really liking the 2 days before, I was less impressed with these.  I'm not mad at them or anything, I actually think they're cute, mostly.  I just don't like the handkerchief part for some reason.  Not even really sure why.

 
Also not my favorite, although I like where they were going.  I don't like the platform on this particular shoe.  I do like that it's a spectator pump, though, and I like the pop of color with the yellow.

 
These are just ugly.  Apparently the camera thought so too, because this was the best of the 3 pictures I took.  These are from the 30s again, and I like that it looks like a mandarin collar.  Unfortunately the cuteness of the idea is ruined by the clunkiness of the overall shoe, and the horrible rubber soles.  Unless it's The Beatles' Rubber Soul, I guess I'm just not interested...
 

3 comments:

  1. Are they shoes or over shoes (galoshes)? 'Cause they're over shoes they aren't that bad and your lovely shoes would continue to be lovely. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call! I went back and reread the description and they ARE overshoes! I feel better about them now. :-)

      Delete
    2. Glad I could be of assistance! We wore those all winter when I was a kid, snow boots came along about junior high. Of course being a kid mine lacked the chunky heel. ME

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...