Saturday, June 24, 2017

Smurfy

Here's a thought.  Let's not talk about me tonight, mmmkay?  After the last 2 nights I think it's time for a break from my blah blah blah.  The Holidays Calendar tells me that today is Global Smurfs Day!  Why?  I don't know!  But the link says it's always celebrated on the Saturday closest to June 25th.  Any of you Smurf aficionados out there know if there is significance to that date?  I haven't seen any of the new Smurf movies, but I used to watch The Smurfs on Saturday morning cartoons (in black and white for part of my childhood, thank you very much).  I had Smurf books and at least one little smurf figurine.  Which one?  I don't remember.  It was a boy.  That's all I can tell you.  But not Papa Smurf.  Let's look at shoes!


I think I could do with out Gargamel on the tongue but I appreciate the thoroughness of this shoe.


Is this Smurf running away?  Why is he so happy about it?  Maybe he's just going for a picnic?


I know there are women out there who love this style of shoe, but I am just not one of them.  I like the material, though.  Papa Smurf looks so happy!

Ooh, I love the red!


I love Mary Janes, you know this.  So I love the shape of this shoe, but the Smurfs + the pink + the polka dots + the black straps, heels, and soles are just too much.


I love the yellow shoelaces!  You know, when I was a kid Smurfette was the only girl Smurf.  Which was weird.  And a little creepy.  Oh wait, let me try that again:  In MY day we didn't have all of these high falutin girl Smurfs!  We had one!  Her name was Smurfette, and she was just Smurfy, thank you very much!  Heehee..I feel better now.

I'm off to bed with a book, I think.  TTYL!

PS - I THOUGHT I'd already done a Smurfs post!  At least I have a tiny bit of memory left.  And I only duplicated 2 of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...