Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jelly Memories

Hey, remember these?
 
Source
 
I used to have a purple pair.  I have fainted once in my life, and pretty much the only thing I remember is waking up and staring at my purple jelly shoes.  At any rate, the first thing I thought of when I saw the calendar this morning was jelly shoes:
 
 
They are sturdier than jelly shoes, kind of the grown up version maybe.  But they still look like they would make your feet sweat. Out of curiosity I googled them to see how much they cost.  They might be plastic, but I figured they weren't cheap, and I was right.  The original price was $120 on the site I looked at.  The site also had quite a lengthy description:
 
"This is the perfect shoe for the fall, mixing practicality with sensual style and is perfect for day or night. The slash detailing, hidden platform and side Velcro closure make it the perfect comfortable shoe that you can wear anywhere.
Like all Melissa shoes, the Believing bootie is crafted in Brazil, using the unique Melflex technology. This injected thermoplastic easily molds around your feet to give you the most comfortable fit possible.
Each style is also completely hypoallergenic and water-proof. Plus, they are recyclable, making them great for the eco-conscious.
Melissa is known for creating shoes that work as both highly comfortable footwear and great pieces of art. In the past, the company has worked with acclaimed artists, designers and architects including Jean Paul Gaultier, Zaha Hadid, Thierry Mugler, Vivienne Westwood, Karim Rashid, Gaetano Pesce and the Campana Brothers. Their work has provided Melissa with unique and innovative collections.
The company is dedicated to respecting its customers with business, social and environmental harmony, making all of its shoes from 100 percent recyclable plastic and are produced without waste. Melissa also works with non-profits and several social programs." (Source)
 
I still think they aren't terribly attractive (despite my fond memories of fainting in my jelly shoes), but I do like that a lot of thought went into them, and it's cool that they are recycled and recyclable.  I'm still betting they make your feet sweat, though.

4 comments:

  1. The info on the shoes definitely makes me appreciate them more. I would like to wear them in the rain to eliminate the sweaty feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny...I saw the shoes before I'd read a word about them and my first thought was that this was the first pair of "bootie-style" shoes I've ever liked. Interesting description, and very nice that they are all so environmentally conscious...but they are sure in it for the money too, eh? Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you fainting but not that you were wearing jellies. Guess Mom had more to think about than what shoes you had on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you didn't wake up staring at them, so not surprising that you wouldn't remember the shoes. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...