Monday, February 24, 2014

Team Last Name

Some days I don't have a clue what to write about.  Today is actually the 25th anniversary of my maternal grandfather's death, and while I loved him dearly, I couldn't think of a thing to link him with shoes.  I mean, he wore them, but I'm guessing he pretty much just wore basic men's dress shoes.  Can't think of him wearing tennis shoes, although maybe he did.  And he had house slippers (I think).  He died when I was 13, so while I have lots of memories of him, I wish I  had more, and what I do remember might be more family stories than actual memory.  A few things I do remember:  he yawned like Santa Claus (ho ho ho).  I though the liver spots on his hands looked like the dark spots on lefse.  He used to torture us on Christmas morning.  He used to pretend to throw rocks at me when I would get into his raspberries and strawberries.  He would sit in his chair in front of the living room window, in plain view of people coming up the walk, and absolutely ignore them when they rang the doorbell if they were someone he didn't want to talk to.  He was gruff and grumpy and always groaned when I hugged him like I was squeezing the stuffing out of him.  I loved him dearly, and still do.

Since I couldn't find anything to tie the above paragraph to shoes, we're just going to pretend there was a logical transition in there somewhere, and move on.  As I was searching for inspiration I randomly typed in our last name, followed by the word shoes, and came across these:








Except for the red ones, these are all kind of quirky.  A basic, cute Mary Jane, but with lots of visual interest.  They remind me of Lala Loopsy dolls, actually.  I kind of like the shoes named after us, actually, and I think I need several pair to be part of my official Team Last Name uniform.  Now...can I talk the hubby into wearing them as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...