Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  I know it's not a happy day for everyone.  Single people can find it depressing, married people can find it to be a pain, and those who have lost loved ones or who are lonely in any way can find it absolutely painful.  My hope is that the day was nice for you in some fashion, and that you were surrounded by love no matter your relationship status, and especially if you are missing a loved one on this day.  I figure, no matter if you love or loathe the day, at least it's a good reason to eat chocolate and look at shoes.





The calendar got into the spirit with this interesting pair.  The platform is weird, as is the heel, but I like them well enough.




Valentine's Day seems to be one of the few days when the calendar goes with a theme. You might remember this pair from last year's calendar.  I love the deep, rich red of this pair.

I've been posting on the Olympics all week, so haven't shared my socks with you, but I have been wearing them.  And photographing them.


Somehow these uploaded in the complete wrong order, and I'm feeling to lazy to fix it.  These are the pair I wore yesterday.  Conversation hearts!  I also like them because they aren't just crazy amounts of pink and red.  Purple and blue need some love too!


I have no idea who gave these to me.  (If it was you, will you please tell me?)  Which is a shame, because they are my favorite.  As such I wore them today, on the actual day.  I love the adorable little  froggy.  I'm not sure whose gian lips have been kissing my feet, though...


This is the pair I wore on Wednesday.  Very dainty, they are.

OK, back to shoes!



These are crazy.  How  high do you think those are?  I'm pretty sure I would fall off and break something.


Now this is my kind of Valentine!


Very thematic, but I actually like them.  They look like a Valentine's box turned into a shoe.


Awww...Valentine shoes full of candy!  (or so I presume)  Someone got crafty with their Valentines.


Wow.  Someone needs to step away from the hot glue gun.  Just put it down, and back away slowly.


Also wow. These are also crazy, and yet still not as cracked out as the conversation heart shoes.

The hubby and I celebrated with sushi, frozen yogurt, and Harry Potter at home.  Some might think that is boring, but to me it was perfect. 


Hope your day was full of lots and lots of love, no matter what kind. The Beatles said, "all you need is love."   Yep.

2 comments:

  1. There are some weird shoes in that grouping, but I love all of the socks. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooooo! So, you aren't the one who gave me the frog socks? I know you gave me a pair awhile back, but they got holes in them and had to go to sock heaven. :-(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...