Monday, August 11, 2014

BFF's Birthday

Today is the BFF's birthday!  (For more background, see last year's post)  I have been thinking a lot of her the last few days, not only because of her birthday, but also because of her love of Madeleine L'Engle.  I am FINALLY on board that train, so she doesn't have to think I'm a total dork.  Actually, she thinks I'm a total dork for many many reasons, but that's OK.  She's also a dork and I love her to the moon and back.  Anyhoodle, as I was searching for shoes for yesterday's post I kept coming across shoes painted with Van Gogh's Starry Night.  This is one of the BFF's favorite paintings, so how appropriate that it came up in the context of one of her favorite authors?  So, in honor of my bestest friend in the whole wide world, here are shoes just for her:


I like that there's lots of blue in all of these shoes.  The BFF pretty much never wears heels, though.


She might be on board with these, though.  I love heels, but I like these better than the first pair.


Not really her style, either.  But pretty, and with a lot more the painting visible.


They even come in kid sizes!  Clearly the nephew needs a pair so he can match his mom.


I really like these.  A lot more abstract than the rest of the shoes, but I love the colors with the solid black shoe for background.
 

Now THESE are the BFF's style.  Too bad, like all flip flops, you have to step on the pretty part so no one can see it.

Happy Birthday, BFF!  Thanks for a fabulous 18 years of laughter and friendship.  You know I listened to The Beatles while writing this post, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...