Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy Birthday, DJ!

Today, as I'm sure you've deduced from the title, is DJ's birthday!  She's 19, in the Navy, currently stationed in San Antonio, TX, and wants to be a nurse.  It's hard to believe I was 2 weeks shy of being legal drinking age when she was born.  Where the heck did the time go?  And how can she be 19 when I'm only 25?  In exciting news, she's currently in Montana, and I got to talk to her today while she was at Mom and Dad's house!  And then the silly phone started ringing off the hook and I had to get back to work.  Don't people know I'm trying to talk to my niece?  Oh well.  In honor of her new career in the Navy, here are some navy blue shoes:


That's an odd and interesting detail on the toes of these.


I had to include these after the old lady post the other day.


Another interesting detail.  Maybe a little fancier than I would tend toward, but still pretty.


I'm fairly sure I've posted these before (I've decided to stop caring if I have or not and post anyway...if your memory is better than mine you can tell me when and where the shoes were originally!).  The details are a little funky, but I like them.
 

Simple.  Classic.  Yes.


Shiny patent leather Mary Janes!


Sigh.  Ankle straps.



You know I hate the thing between my toes, but how perfect are these?  Dang, now I wish I'd gone in a more nautical direction.  Next year, I guess.

Happy Birthday, DJ!  Love you to the moon and back!

Memory Lane: 2013 (poor kid had a Good Friday birthday). 2014. 2015 (a Palm Sunday birthday is much more cheery).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...