Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Live Long and Prosper

The hubby doesn't sleep well most nights.  I can sleep through just about anything, but he tends to sleep well for the first few hours and then wakes up in the middle of the night.  Sometimes he can go back to sleep right away, other times, he breaks out the Ipad until he gets sleepy.  He always complains that he has reached the end of the internet and that's there is nothing else to read.  Silly boy.  When the internet fails him he turns to Netflix.  Lately he's been watching the original Star Trek series.  I tune in an out here and there when he watches when I'm awake, and it's been fun to re-watch the old episodes.  Gene Roddenberry was a genius.  You know I went looking, and you know there are Star Trek shoes out there.


I like these.  They're subtle.  Just the uniform colors and a tiny communicator on the side.


Not so subtle.  I find these amusing.  They're like a badly drawn Star Trek comic book.


A little better, but not much.  If I didn't know what they were going for I would never recognize Captain Kirk down there.  He looks about 15.


I like all of the colors on these.   They're simple and fun.


I do love Spock.  Although he looks more alien here than he actually did on the show.  I can only sort of do the Vulcan salute with my right hand, not at all with my left.  I also suck at logic, so I would definitely make a horrid Vulcan.

Star Fleet Academy shoes!  In blue!


Not shoes, obviously, but seriously?  This is just wrong on so many levels.

Good night, Trekkies.  Live long and prosper.

PS--2 of these pictures have already been on the blog.  Not the bra, but I'll never tell which shoes are repeats...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...