Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shoe Watching

Whenever I'm out anywhere I love to people watch, especially people's shoes.  I had a memory today of being on a field trip in High School, and leaning against a wall watching all of the shoes going by in the hallway in front of me.  I didn't realize then that I was obsessed with shoes, but I probably should have.
 
I've spent the last 2 days in a meeting.  I don't sit well for long periods of time so I always take something to crochet during times like this.  Thankfully I have a job where people don't get too freaked out by this.  The hubby says in his world this would never be tolerated.  I find it helps me to pay better attention, though, because it gives me something to focus on as I'm listening so I'm not fidgeting or doodling or daydreaming.  I always make sure it's a project I don't need instructions for and can just do from memory.  Anyway, we happened to be sitting at tables that were arranged in a big rectangle, so I could see almost everyone's feet.  Here are the 2 pairs of shoes I liked best.  And I only got slightly weird reactions when I asked if I could take pictures of these 2 women's feet!
 
 
I love the leaf detail, and bonus points for funky socks!
 
 
I love these.  I definitely broke the commandment about coveting as I stared at these yesterday.  They are multiple shades of my favorite color!  And see?  It's not that I only like crazy high heels.  I like shoes of all kinds.  Some day I probably won't be able to wear those crazy heels so it's good to know that there are lots of cute, practical options out there to continue my addiction.



3 comments:

  1. Kudos for the crocheting...did you know that doodling is actually encouraged by many companies as a way of focusing on listening? I also went to a 3-day meeting one time where the presenters had put on every table numerous items like plastic Slinkys, those funny rubbery "hairy-looking" balls that you can toss back-and-forth and they feel fun, and stuff like that. Those were for expressly that purpose! I tend to knit, though I can't at my work :-( I take my knitting to other meetings, though. (I once took it to Disney World, when I had seriously arthritic knees and could not do very much - a woman walked by with a friend and said "See - I told you we could knit ANYWHERE!") I'm glad the women let you photograph their shoes. They are both fun and cute and it's good you will have options when the heels will no longer work. Hopefully that will be MANY years in the future! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE both of those! They look so comfy and I think the blue ones would look equally awesome in various colors of green!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I love picturing knitting in Disneyland!

    Sueanne, she said they came in purple and I think shades of orange? You're right though, they should come in green. Or in a combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...