Friday, March 28, 2014

Rude

The seester and I were recently having a conversation about Strawberry Shortcake recently.  The cartoon, not the dessert, although yum to that.  What?  It's a perfectly normal conversation for 2 grown women to have.  Shut up.  Anyway, it got me thinking about shoes, so I went to look.


This is pretty much what I expected to find:  cute, girly, lots of pink.


I like these because the green stripes break up the pink a little.  There were lots more like these out there.  Which is fine.  But what about the other characters?
 

For instance, my favorite character as a kid was Orange Blossom.  In fact, I had this very toy.  Her butterfly's  name is Marmalade.  I haven't seen Orange Blossom in a long time, but Marmalade surfaces at Mom's house every once in awhile.
 

This is Orange Blossom in her modern incarnation.  I kind of like old school better since it's nostalgic, but this girl could rock a pair of shoes, don't you think?  And there are lots of other characters.  Why don't they get their own shoes?  Why does Strawberry Shortcake get all of the attention?  Where are my damn Orange Blossom shoes???  Ahem.  I'm better now.  Maybe they are out there and I just couldn't find them, but I looked in as many ways and places as I could think of.  Sigh.
 

Poor Orange Blossom.  I will dedicate these cool orange shoes in her honor.

PS--on a completely unrelated note, I just told Tallulah the puppy that she needed to rethink her life choices as she was attempting to lick something disgusting off the garbage can. That's proper dog training etiquette, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...