Thursday, March 6, 2014

Alexander

One of my favorite books was, and still is, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.






He really does have quite the bad day.  This is pretty much how I would describe my day.  Not bad in the same way as Alexander's, but definitely not good.  In honor of this book (which is being made into a movie coming out this year...oh dear...another childhood memory potentially ruined), I have shoes I searched for from the title.



Terrible.  OK, the hairy toes are bad.  Kind of icky, but these actually crack me up.  I think the hubby needs a pair.




Horrible.  These really are horrible.  Who comes up with this stuff?  Who wears this stuff? (Sorry, green lovers...I did better for you yesterday)




No good.  Actually, without the straps and spurs these would be adorable.  With them, no.  You aren't going to ride a horse in heels, you don't need heels with spurs.




Very bad.  I agree.  I  hate this shape, first off, but the designs frighten me.  These shoes could give me nightmares.  Very bad, indeed.




And finally, Australian flag boots  Because they are hilarious.  And if  you know the book then you'll get the reference.  If not, go read the book!  It will only take you 5 minutes.

PS--you know why else this book is awesome?  Cuz there are shoes in it.  Alexander's brothers get the tennis shoes they want when their mom takes them shopping, but the pair Alexander likes don't come in his size.  I can sympathize, kid.

There.   This actually made me feel marginally better about my own Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

2 comments:

  1. New books day here - book fair! ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good book fair! But they are bad too...I want them ALL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...