Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Peanuts

Last night while posting about my brother's birthday I mentioned Sally and Charlie Brown from Peanuts.  This morning, the first thing I saw on facebook was that one of  my friends had taken a quiz to find out which Peanuts character they were most like and got Sally.  Clearly this was a sign as to what today's post should be.

Of course, the first thing I did was to take the quiz myself to see who I got, and I got Franklin. 


Wasn't expecting that one, but I like the description it gave:

"You’re an old soul. You’ve seen more than most people your age — whatever age that is — and have used those experiences to become a more empathetic and emotionally aware person. You have a great appreciation for friendship, love, and family, and are a deeply intelligent person who doesn’t feel the need to prove it to anyone."

Then I went looking for shoes.


I would wear all of these. Not all at once, though, because I don't have 3 feet.


Old school tennies.  I like 'em!


Awww....I love Woodstock.  If I could paint, I would buy a ton of white canvas tennies and paint all of these fun shoes of all of my favorite books and characters.
 

Must.  Have.  For.  Halloween.


Hey, look!  Franklin got to be on a shoe!  But...why are Charlie Brown's and Snoopy's heads cut off?  I'm disturbed by that one.
 
Baby shoes!  And the Snoopy dance!


Franklin again!  I need these shoes to commemorate my quiz result.


I know, these are almost the same pair as above, but Sally is dumping leaves on her big brother.  I can so relate.

There were so many more cute shoes.  This post was a bit like the elephant post in that I couldn't seem to stop getting pictures.  I finally had to make myself stop here because it was getting a little ridiculous.  But I totally could have kept going because I love Peanuts.  I loved reading it every day in the funnies growing up.  I loved watching all of the holiday specials when they came on.  Still do, actually.  In fact, it's time to break out the dvd of It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" and have a viewing.  I love Peanuts so much that apparently I used to channel Snoopy without even knowing it.  My mother swears I had a face that looked just like Snoopy when he was pretending to be a vulture.





I can never quite picture it.  Wish there was photographic evidence of it somewhere.  Yep, I love Peanuts.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...