Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sadly Exhausted

The family went home today.  Sigh.  I am very sad.  I am also exhausted, but that isn't their fault, just my current state of life right now.  I loved every minute of their being here.  Yesterday we took the ferry to San Francisco to see the hubby.  Laughter called the ferry the "big boat" and corrected everyone who called it something different.  Both nieces liked riding on it, and my sister had the best time checking out all of the views and the boats and the birds, etc.  It was fun to see everything through their eyes.  Here are our feet on the big boat:





Man, was I blue yesterday, or what?  But then, what else is new?  Flower is in the awesome green and blue dress with the sparkly sandals, and Laughter is in the flowered pants (paaaaants) with the white and metallic sandals.  The seester is also in blue (because she's cool like me), with the Tevas, because she is cool AND practical.  The brother-in-law does not appear in this picture, but he was wearing brown boots.

So, we got off the big boat at Pier 39 and were total tourists.  Everyone loved the sea lions; Flower pronounced them "cool but stinky."  We ate at Bubba Gump's and had dessert at a cupcake place:




We didn't get a before picture of the sampler the girls chose, but Laughter took this picture of the aftermath.  That's my red velvet cupcake wrapper in the front (the frosting was fantastic) and a chocolate-peanut butter behind it.  You can see Flower still working on hers.  She liked it, but said it tasted like wine.  I have no idea how she knows what wine tastes like.  Basically we had a fantastic time, but no one was terribly impressed with the cold wind off the bay.

So now I am sad and the hubby is sad and the puppies are sad.  Once we convinced the girls to settle down, relax, and let the puppies come to them, things went better.  They still fed them more treats than any dogs should have in a single day, but everyone was friends.  In fact, when I let the dogs in this afternoon, they ran all over the house looking for the girls.

I know she doesn't have a whole head (I try not to show the nieces since this is a public blog), but hopefully you can still see how adorable Flower was sleeping with the puppies.



I have to go be sad now.  Please return to whatever you were doing as I go mope.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you all had a great time! ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...