Friday, May 2, 2014

Happy Birthday, AA!

Today is Double A's 14th birthday.  How did my adorable second niece get to be 14?  She's starting high school next year, and it's all very strange.  She is such a sweet and amazing kid.  She's definitely a middle child in that she always tries to keep the peace.  Sometimes I want her to do more to stand up for herself, but she is very giving and thinks about others.  She has a very tender and open heart.  So tonight, in honor of her birthday, I went looking to see if there were any shoes associated with her name, and I learned something new.  Apparently there is a cartoon/book series called Ever After High that I had never heard about, but the series has a character with the same name as Double A:


And here she is.  It's not bad, actually.  They both have light brown, very long hair and blue eyes.  My kiddo is much prettier than her namesake, though.  And no, I'm in no way biased.  Apparently she is Cinderella's daughter and has a love of shoes.
 

And these are the shoes I found her wearing.  Dang, those are crazy.  I like them because they are blue, but the things twining around her calves are kind of creeping me out.  Double A is not into heels at all, so these would definitely not be her first choice.
 

I'm assuming this is the character's boyfriend.  I didn't bother looking up his name, and I'm just hoping Double A never dates a guy with hair this stupid.  And no, I don't want to talk about my college boyfriend's hair.  Just do as I say and not as I did, OK kiddo?
 

These are more Double A's style.  She's definitely a flats kind of girl.  Green is her favorite color, with blue as her second, so these are perfect.  I rather like them myself.  We should get auntie/niece matching shoes!
 

These also remind me of her.  I love the color and the detailing on the toes.


Sparkly!  Maybe next time I'm home we should all bedazzle our shoes...


Ooooh....love these, too.  Clearly this kid and I need all of these cute flats.


The truth is, Double A is more of a fleep flops kind of girl.  And I'm OK with that because she is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. You chose great shoes for her! I think she will totally approve. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...