Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of the father's out there:  the biological, step, adoptive, godfathers, uncles, and anyone who steps into the role of father figure and loves their kiddos.  My dad is pretty darn awesome, and I had some wonderful grandpas, so I'm lucky in the dad department.  I also know some amazing fathers in general who I love and admire.  My dad isn't a shoe guy, so the following are shoes he would never wear, but I thought it would be fun to go colorful for this celebratory day.  We'll get a little help from Mr. Roy G. Biv.








I can't actually think of a dad I know who WOULD wear these.  Maybe for a costume?  Or for specific sports teams?  For instance, the orange and black pair are my school colors, so now also Double A's and The Bean's colors.  Actually, we can't escape it.  DJ, Flower, and Laughter all moved to different towns, but their colors are STILL orange and black.  So maybe those shoes would come in handy, and maybe you think of other specific occasions where the men in your lives might have cause to wear some of these.  In the meantime, I hope you've had the chance today to honor or remember the important father-figures in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...