Saturday, June 27, 2015

Not-So-Great Blue Karma?

If you've read this blog for any length of time, say 5 minutes or so, you've probably noticed that I'm rather fond of blue.  Mom says I like any color, just as long as it's blue.  (Hi, Mom!)  Yes, I'm rather fond of blue, but I'm noticing a trend.  When the parents and nieces were here Double A and I went shopping for The Bean's birthday.  As we shopped we cruised through the shoe section, and I found a pair of blue sandals that were already on quite good sale even before adding the coupons I had.  So I snagged a pair:





They're basic and fairly simple, but of course they're blue, and I also like the geometric shapes in the straps.




Also, Chalupa (or Chaloopy as our next door neighbor calls him) had to get in on the action, so obviously I had to share his photo bomb.

So I have blue sandals.  Again.  Why again?  Well, I think the blue sandals of the universe hates me, because this is the third summer in a row I've gotten a pair.


Here is the 2013 pair.  They were cute and simple, much like this year's pair, but after several months they started giving the tops of my feet a rash.  Not fun.  I tried a bunch of stuff to fix the issue, but nothing worked.  Good-bye 2013 sandals.
 

And last year's pair.  These were super comfortable, a little dressier, and bought with a gift card, so major points.  Sadly after about 6 months one of them completely fell apart.  Just sort of disintegrated.  Au revoir 2014 sandals.

Thank goodness this year's pair were inexpensive, because I'm starting to think I should stop buying blue sandals in the summer.  We'll see if they last or if I find myself shopping again next year.  In the meantime, I decided to virtually shop for shoes I'll not actually wear, so they shouldn't attack me or fall apart.  Hopefully.








There.  Cute, blue sandals, and not a pair with that damn thing between the toes.  I shall enjoy them from afar as the universe has yet to decide if I'm actually worthy to own a pair for any length of time.

1 comment:

  1. New blue sandals every summer isn't a completely bad thing. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...