Friday, June 19, 2015

Fleep Flop Art

It's National Flip Flop Day!  Which is awesome for all of you flip flop lovers out there, I hope you wore your favorite pair.  Me, I only wear fleep flops in certain circumstances, and I'm never terribly happy about it, so you wouldn't think I'd celebrate such a day.  But then the Pinterest Friend sent me this:


Flip flop art!  How adorable is this?  I like flip flops just fine, as long as I don't have to wear them. This also takes care of my other issues with flip flops, which is that you can't see the cute part because you are stepping on it.


Patriotic flip flop wreath!  I kind of want to find some really cheap flip flops now, and make one.


Oh, adorable.  Love it.


Blue for me, green for Double A, Mom, and SKD!

There are a million bazillion wreath ideas out there, and I totally got sucked into perusing them this afternoon.  

You know what else is fun for National Flip Flop Day?
 

Cake!  Every day is better with cake!


See?  How adorable is this?  I'm not fond of fondant, but it makes for adorable decorations, and I'm sure the cake inside is quite yummy.
 

Or, if you want to DIY and go a little simpler, there's this idea.

So, you can wear flip flops, create flip flop wreaths, eat flip flop cake and make...



Flip flop sculptures!  Yep, that's a ginormous turtle made out of flip flops.


Here you can see the flip flops in more detail, although I'm not sure what exactly is going on here.  Is it a sock monkey that got drunk and passed out?  Was it supposed to be sitting on the fence and it just fell over? 



I think this one is pretty cool.  It's like a tattoo, only a sculpture.  And made out of flip flops.

So, don't throw those old fleep flops away.  Bake yourself some flip flop cake, dig out all the flip flops you don't wear anymore, and get creative!  I'll be over on Pinerest, waiting for your creations...

1 comment:

  1. Old Navy is having a $ sale on flip flops right now. Maybe in honor of flip flop day. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...