Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Welcome to the World

I deliberately kept last night's post light because there was so much concern about the election results.  This morning I woke up to many, many friends who are deeply afraid of what those results will mean.  I'm not going to make this a political post, but just saying that while many people today are celebrating, many others are not.  Yesterday was also difficult because a friend from St. Someone's lost her best friend unexpectedly in a care accident.  In light of a day filled with grief for many of my friends, today I am grateful for new life, because yesterday also marked the birth of Baby Jack.  He was born to a friend of the hubby and mine, was 8 days late (his due date was on Halloween), and entered the world at a whopping 9 lbs 9 oz!  I can't remember if I posted the shoes, hat, and blanket that I made for him earlier this summer:


The shoes are kind of lost in the matching blanket, but if you click on the picture you can view it in a larger size.  Tonight's post, in honor of baby Jack, is more crochet baby boy shoes:






And hats!  I love all of these. So sweet.  Yay for new life, and prayers for everyone who is hurting today, that they may find comfort and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...