Saturday, November 26, 2016

50th Wedding Anniversary

Today is my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.  They didn't want a big party, but we celebrated with family and had family pictures taken.  They decided rather than cake we would have pie, which turned into a pie contest.  There were 7 pies:  pecan (me), cottage cheese (sounds weird, but it's super good, it's my dad's mom's recipe) (brother), ugly (actual name - comes from a children's book) (Laughter), coconut cream (Flower), mince meat (with actual meat, so traditional) (Doulble A), banana coconut cream (The Bean), and French silk chocolate (Auntie).  They were all quite yummy, and everyone "won" because Mom and Dad, as the judges, didn't want to choose, so everyone won in their own category.  Mine won for "best" pecan pie, etc.  Silly parents!

My cousin sent this shoe on Facebook today as an anniversary celebration:


Aren't they pretty and celebratory?


50th anniversary is gold, so I went looking for gold wedding shoes.



Their wedding colors were peach and mint green, so peach and mint green wedding shoes.  We also wore peach and mint green for family pictures today.





Mom's wedding shoes!  And Dad's weddings shoes, for that matter.  Also, Mom and Dad.  And a bridesmaid.  And possibly my grandpa.  And some guy's elbow.  And someone's face, but I'm not sure who.  I'm tired, can you tell?

Today I am definitely thankful for family, especially my parents and their 50 years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...