Friday, July 26, 2013

Island!

So, my extended family owns an island on Flathead Lake.  My grandmother's sister and her husband bought it decades ago and proceeded to have a family reunion there every 4th of July.  Some of my best summer memories are there.  The hubby, brother seester, brother-in-law, nieces, auntie and I all went up for the day and had a fantabulous time.  The water was amazing.  If you've ever swum in Flathead you know that 95% of the time it is COLD.  We're talking turn your lips purple, chatter your teeth until your jaw aches cold.  The hubby didn't agree, but the rest of us thought it was fabulous and spent most of the day in the water.  I have the sunburn to prove it, even though I thought I was using a ton of sunscreen.  The 3 older nieces are total fish, and Laughter is pretty comfortable in the water, but also content to play on the edge and entertain herself as long as she knows where all of her people are.  It was such a good day.  Here are some of the shoes that got worn for the adventure:
 
 
Flower and Laughter sporting their sandals.  Laughter's are too big for her because she keeps leaving her other shoes places.

 
The auntie's cute, red Keens.

 
Laughter and the seester in their matching shoes!
 
 
I couldn't resist this one.  Men in white socks and sandals crack me up.  At least they aren't wearing black socks with their sandals...
 
I didn't get a picture of  the brother's or the hubby's shoes.  Brother was wearing Birkenstocks, hubby was wearing Alpines.  Neither were wearing socks.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...