Saturday, July 20, 2013

Packing

The hubby and I are leaving tomorrow for a trip to MT.  Yay!  That means today is dedicated to laundry and packing and getting ready to go.  Or napping, which I just did and he is still doing.  But, I figure I can nap while the laundry is laundry-ing (yes, I know that's not the word, it's just more fun).  Anyhoodle, when I pack I first like to write a list.  I write out every day I'm going to be gone and then write in the outfits for each day.  It doesn't mean that I am necessarily going to wear that outfit that day, just means I know I'm taking enough for the trip.  I also include the accessories  Under the days I write all of the rest of the stuff that goes: toiletries, electronics, etc.  Whenever I start a list I always have to figure out how many pairs of shoes I'm going to take.  If I had my way, I'd take a different pair of shoes for each day or each outfit.  That's not always practical, so I try to plan outfits around 1 or 2 pairs of shoes for day-to-day, with 1-2 pairs of special shoes for church or other dress-up occasions.  This time we are driving.  Today I decided screw it, I'm taking as many pairs as I want!  I think I'll even  have a bag just for shoes.  The rental car place upgraded us to a friggin' Suburban, so we definitely have the room.  Yay, cute sandals!  Since the theme of this post is packing, I did an image search for shoes + suitcase.  Here are some of the cuter results:
 



Yep.  This is generally what my shoe situation looks like at the beginning of the packing process, at least in my head.  Then I have to go through and cull out 90% of them.
 

 
Oooh...vintage.  I love the shoes AND the suitcase.

 

 This one was a little odd.  It might be the same suitcase from the previous picture.  I love the colors on the shoes, but from this angle I'm not sure how I feel about the shoes themselves.
 
 
Blue.  Strappy.  Ankle Straps.  Yep.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for shoes and vacations and vacation shoes! ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...