Tuesday, July 16, 2013

1918

I have been distracted by other shoes lately and haven't posted much from the calendar.  These are from almost a week ago, but I really liked them, so didn't want to skip them entirely.
 

Like the post title says, these are from 1918, and while they are not at all in style now, I think I would still wear them.  Maybe only in my imaginary shoe closet with long skirts from that period.  But I kind of think I would even wear them now.  Since I liked these, I decided to go see what else I could find from that year.
 
 
These are from Paris, and they're gorgeous.  I don't think I'd wear these, but I definitely love them as vintage shoes.  Just think of the outfits these could go with!

 
Probably closer to what the average woman wore.  Definitely serviceable, if not terribly eye-catching.  Although, if they had a slightly more rounded toe, they would be right in style with some of the shoes I've been seeing of late.
 
 
This is a page from a 1918 catalog.  Check out those prices!  If only I could get shoes at these prices (and NOT have to adjust for inflation) my shoe closet would be very impressive! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...