Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Tale of Many Shoes

The last couple of days have been the kind where I've been quite productive, but it's stuff that you probably wouldn't notice unless you knew what to look for.  I actually wonder if the hubby thinks I don't do anything all day because it's not necessarily noticeable.  So here are some snapshots from the week:



These are bathtubs.  Shaped like shoes.  I love shoes, but I really don't want a shoe shaped bathtub.  Although I do have to admit that the back looks quite comfy to lean up against.  So, yesterday I was the queen of plumbing.  I unplugged both a toilet and a kitchen sink.  The first I had to use tongs (ugh...don't ask), the second involved drain cleaner and a plunger.  I felt accomplished, but it's not something visible once it's taken care of.


I've also been organizing closets a little at a time.  I'm at that point where I've recycled, thrown stuff away, put stuff in the Goodwill pile, etc., but again, you can't really tell.  Well, I can tell, but I'm not sure anyone else could.  They would probably still just see a mess in the closets.  Not like the above closet which is very organized.  Holy buckets that's a lot of shoes.  No matter what  you may think, I really don't want that many pairs of shoes in my life.





I went to the library.  Which, let's face it, was more for me than for the purpose of productivity.  Also, how cute are those shoes?


I went grocery shopping.  These are shoes crocheted out of plastic grocery bags.  I appreciate the upcycling of the bags, but I don't see myself making these anytime soon.  Especially since I use reusable bags about 90-95% of the time.  Speaking of crocheting and closet organizing, what the heck do people do with leftover yarn?  I always think I'm going to use it for something, and I've used some of it, but it just adds up.  Any suggestions as to what other people do?




After I got home from errands I got sucked into a yard project I hadn't planned on doing today.  Since I hadn't planned on it, but started working on it on one of my trips to the recycling and garbage cans, I didn't have gloves or clippers.  We have a pile of branches from a tree we trimmed forever ago and I finally decided to put as much as I could into the yard waste bins, which meant breaking the branches down as much as possible.  I only scratched myself a couple of times.  OK, 9 times.  Also, what the hell is up with these flip flops?!




Finally, I went shoe shopping and used the rest of my gift cards.  I got 3 new pairs of shoes (so 4 total from gift cards!).   These are Clarks, and yes they have the stupid thing between my toes, but I'm trying to get used to it because I like Clarks in general, I like these specifically, and they are otherwise comfortable.  And they fit better than they look in the picture. I don't know why my toes are hanging over like that.  I went shopping today because I looked down this morning to find Chalupa on the floor chewing the crap out of my black summer shoes.  Little shit.  So here are the replacements.  I would just like to point out, though, that I took a large garbage bag full of shoes to Goodwill on Monday and when I got home today I threw away the black pair and also put 3 more pairs into the Goodwill pile.

I accomplished a bunch of other stuff, but you don't need shoes for everything.  The most obvious of these would be that an hour ago Tallulah threw up and I caught it in a napkin.  I gave you poop shoes, you don't also need puke shoes.  Oh man, I really hope there aren't any out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...