Friday, November 20, 2015

Literary

I have one of my Facebook friends from St. Someone to thank for this recent bout of posting.  She recently posted this picture on my timeline:


Dishes shaped like books!  The hubby prefers white dishes, so maybe I could talk him into these?  So fun.  She also posted a link to a Google image search she had done for "literary shoes."  Here are a few of my selections from the results:

I really like these, but I'm afraid I would trip as I was staring at my feet while walking, trying to read what my shoes said...

What's not to love?  It's turquoise, shiny, a wedge, and literary.  Oh wait...stupid slingback.  Oh well.


These I would not buy.  I appreciate the theme, but I'm not a huge Edgar Allen Poe fan in the first place, so I definitely don't want him staring up at me from my shoes.  These also look like they have blood spatter on them, which, while appropriate to Poe, is not my first desire in footwear.

These I would be more likely to wear.  When I'm out solving mysteries, of course.


Did this movie depress the crap out of anyone else?  Cute shoes, though.


I haven't read Catcher in the Rye.  I suppose I probably should.  I've read Les Miserables, though, and enjoyed it (which is funny to me considering I was just complaining about how depressed Where the Wild Things Are and Les Miserables is WAY more depressing).


These are my favorite.  They're blue, they're  Mary Janes, they're literary!  I would totally make myself a pair.  First, though, let me just say that I would NEVER use the pages of an actual book unless the book was already damaged beyond reading, and then maybe.  I'd be much more likely to use a copy.  Don't abuse your books, people!  Second, I'm not sure I'd be able to choose what book to use.  I have so many I love.  I'd have to have a pair of shoes for every favorite book, and that's a ridiculous number of shoes even for me.  What book would you choose?

Thanks, MW, for the inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. I saw the book shaped dishes the other day and thought of you. Fun shoes. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we both need a set! So what book would you choose for your shoes?

      Delete
    2. Yes we do need those dishes! You know that I DON'T have nearly enough dishes. I have no idea what book I would choose for my shoes. ME

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I thought that as I was typing my comment. How about I get the dishes and you admire them from afar? :-P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...