Monday, November 23, 2015

Crafternoon

In October SKD, the hubby, and I spent a lovely afternoon painting pumpkins.  We had such a good time we decided we needed to do it more often.  And so yesterday we did.  It probably should have been a more Thanksgiving-related craft, but we saw a video on Facebook and had all of the supplies between us, so we went with snowmen, which we both love:





The video showed them with white hats, made from the toes of the same sock used to make their bodies, but SKD has a ton of mismatched socks (4 kids apparently can lose a lot of socks over time!), so we went with colored hats and matching scarves.  It was a lot of fun, and a nice, silly way to spend the afternoon in the midst of all the crazy-stressful-depression of late.

Because I am a dork, I dressed appropriated for the occasion with snowman socks and earrings.




Because I am a bossy dork, I also decreed that everyone was only allowed to drink out of snowman cups.




Because how cute are these?  SKD was a good sport about it, and the hubby drank one cup of iced tea, but then said since he wasn't crafting he was going to drink out of something bigger.  Silly hubby.  And I also completely understand.

OK, obviously today will be snowman related in terms of shoes.  Some of you actually have snow whereas we in California have to create our snowmen out of socks.










I've posted some of these before, and I'm not even going to apologize for it.  I love snowmen, baby shoes, and slippers, so of course I love the entire selection.  And the Olaf shoes are for The Bean, since she's a fan.

Maybe in January we'll do a turkey craft of some sort...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...