Sunday, July 31, 2016

Ahhhh

I actually got out of the house today!  The puppies and I went to hang out with SKD, and had a fabulous time soaking up the sunshine and splashing in the river.  It was the first day under 100 in something like 10 days, so it was lovely all around.  I posted this to my Instagram and Facebook pages when we first got there:


Several people commented on the sign of the apocalypse that is me in flip flops.  I do wear them occasionally, especially for watery events.  I had my Keene's too, but wore my flip flops.  I don't know, y'all...I have issues.

Anyhoo, this got me thinking about water shoes.  When I was in college and working at bible camp Teva's were what the cool kids were wearing.  I was never a cool kid and I had knock-offs that never fit quite right and definitely weren't cool  So tonight I went looking at Teva's just for the sake of nostalgia:






These are all the happy medium between my Keene's and my flip flops.  The auntie actually gave me a pair of similar sandals when I was home last time but they broke the first time wore them, sadly.  Oh well.  It was a delightfully lovely day despite my lack of cool-kid footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...