Wednesday, January 23, 2013

These Boots are Made for Kicking

I don't often wear heels during the week, but there are exceptions.  Like today when I had to be "pastor-y" and wear my collar, which I then paired with my gray slacks, that are too long, and then I need heels of some sort.  Today it's my red boots.
 

 
The heel isn't high, which is why I can usually wear them all day no problem.  I like them fine with pants, but I really like wearing them with skirts.  Because they are awesome, and because I feel pretty awesome in them.
 
Sadly, the boots don't get as many comments when I'm out and about as my collar does.  This wouldn't be so bad if the collar didn't attract such, um, "interesting" comments.  Mostly I just get stared at a lot.  Sometimes people will ask me if I'm a priest, and what do people call me if they can't call me "father."  I don't mind those so much.  Questions about whether or not I'm a nun just make me roll my eyes.  It's the people who want to launch into a lecture about why women can't be pastors that get me.  Do you know what century it is, people?  And do you honestly think that stopping me in Target and using scripture poorly is going to make me suddenly realize I never should have gone to seminary in the first place?  Sheesh.  I once had to hide in the women's restroom to get away from one very persistent man in an airport.  Sometimes I just want to use my awesome red boots to kick someone...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...