Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Book 6

I started listening to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on Sunday.
 
 
One advantage to being lost is that I got extra listening time in.  The problem with being on book 6 of 7 is that I now don't want to only listen in the car.  I want to listen when I should be working.  I always get this way toward the end of the series:  I want to find out how it ends (as though it will end differently than the first million read-throughs), but I also know I will be all sad and bereft when I am done.  Thankfully this isn't a graded paper, because I can't come up with a decent transition between the book cover and the shoes, so I'm just going to tell you I'm transitioning and show you the shoes:
 

 
There.  Now you've seen the shoes.  Which should look entirely familiar if you spent even a tiny bit of time looking at the book cover.
 
Harry Potter, as I've mentioned before, has been my car book for the last couple of months.  I also have several other books in the mix as well:
 
 
I've been reading this one on my phone.  It's the book I read when I am waiting for stuff.  This one happens to be number 5 in a series that apparently will never ever end.  There are currently 7, with an 8th one coming out in March.  It was supposed to be done 1 or 2 books ago, but the bloody woman keeps writing.  I'd just give up, but it's been a 20 year commitment and I want some closure.  I am trying to reread them before the next one comes out because at almost a thousand pages a book, it's hard to keep the details straight.  I'm not going to make it if I only read it in small snatches, though.
 
 
This is also on my phone.  I read it when I just can't do the other one.  I've been slogging away at The Fiery Cross fairly well lately, but it's nice to have a back-up waiting book.
 
 
I should actually be done with this one by now, but I've been busy and tired and haven't been reading as much before I go to bed as usual. This is the book I read at home, usually at bedtime, but whenever else I can sneak in a few pages as well.
 
 
This is technically on hold until I finish House of Hades, but I'm in the process of reading it, so I'll count it as another back-up. 
 
I'm guessing you don't really care what I'm reading, but it's my blog, so I'll blather about whatever I want.  And, just to bring the blog full-circle and back to Harry Potter, I will leave you with this:
 
 
And also this:  If I could just get a paycheck and benefits for reading whatever and whenever I want, that would be fan-freaking-tastic.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...