Monday, September 23, 2013

Books

Guess what?  My awesome mom found the book!

 
Peppermint the snail's mom tells him not to go exploring because he might get lost.  But of course he does go exploring, and ends up getting purple paint splattered on his peppermint shell.  When he finds his way back home (he does get lost), his mom tries to get the purple off, but it's darn good paint.  So she says she'll have to call him Purplemint.
 
After the search for this difficult to find book, I started thinking of other books I loved as a child.  There are probably a million +, but here are a few:
 
 
Little Monster is awesome.  I had other books, too.  One of my favorites is where the monster has an upset tummy and sighs all day.  Literally, when he sighs he says, "alllll day."  Turns out he has an upset tummy because he swallowed a boot.  See?  I can work shoes in anywhere!

 
They build a HUGE sandwich.  With cranes and scaffolding.  They also crawl all over it, which is rather disgusting.  As are all the different layers they include.  I remember reading this to my mom as a kid, and trying to figure out how to sound out the work OK.

 
The title pretty much sums it up.  Little Rabbit tries all kinds of things to get that tooth to come out, but if finally falls out in her chocolate ice cream.

 
I thought the movie was really cute, but I LOVED the book. It was so goofy, and the illustrations were just a little bit creepy to me as a kid.  Made it even better.  I was fascinated with the idea of my food coming from the sky like weather.
 
Like I said, those are just a few.  There are lots more.  Apparently today is more of a book day than a shoe day.  I'll get back to shoes tomorrow.
 

4 comments:

  1. Our copy of Little Monster's Bedtime Book is getting pretty ratty but it's still a favorite. I guess I'll have to look around and see if I can find the others. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to put Little Monster in a safe place. I just looked on Amazon and it's $205.03 for a new copy. The sandwich book is $120.62. I have my own copies of Little Rabbit and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. What do you remember me reading a lot?

      Delete
  2. I remember reading all of them and having you read all of them to me a lot. FUN! The favorite here now is the Pinkalicious cupcake book. I think everyone just wants to be bright pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when you have up to 7 girlies around the house on any given day, chances are good pink will be a favorite in there somewhere!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...