Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Dragons Go To Church

We had a blessing of the animals at church today.  Apparently they have done it at St. Someone's before, but this was my first experience.  There were about 10 dogs that came to church.  And the dragons.  The hubby and I have bearded dragons that are almost 2.  I am allergic to just about everything, so they work out nicely as pets.  The hubby used to have iguanas but as they get about 4 feet bigger than bearded dragons, I'm very happy he agreed to the smaller reptile.  Here are the dragons hanging out in my office before church:
 

When I told the hubby I wanted to take the dragons to church today we started talking about carriers.  We went to a pet store to look, but they are all really expensive.  We went to Ross, but the one we went to didn't have a very big pet selection.  So the hubby decided to make one.  We bought a decorative box and off he went:
 




 
He cut squares out of each end and put mesh into the openings.  Then he took one of the handles he had removed from an end and put it on the top so it could be carried.  Boom!  $11 pet carrier!  (In case you were wondering, the towel in there is wrapped around a jar of hot water to add heat as the dragons are cold blooded)
 
 
My Easter shoes and the carrier.
 
I brought the dragons out during children's time, and I was a little worried that some of the kids would be freaked out by them, but they loved them.  We could have just canceled church right then and had a Q&A about them.  A bunch of them wanted to hold them after church, and their parents took pictures.  Fun!
 
One last picture:
 
 
One of the teens had these on at church (I can't tell if the whole picture is blurry or if the carpet is blurry and making the whole thing wonky).  They remind me of 80s shoes but they are wedges.  I think they are pretty much awful, and I would never wear them, but I love them on her.  She was totally pulling them off with her skinny jeans.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...