Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Stickers and Scissors and Suckers, Oh My

One of the weird/fun parts of ministry is that I'm never quite sure what my day will entail.  I can make plans, but a big part of ministry is interruptions.  Another part of ministry is that sometimes I find myself doing silly or funny things.  That was today.  This coming Sunday is Rally Day for Sunday School.  That is the day we celebrate the kick-off of the Sunday School year with fun games, activities, snacks, prizes, a bounce house, etc.  Today the stuff I ordered for Sunday's goody bags arrived. So there I was, cutting stickers apart and creating owl suckers.  What are owl suckers, you ask?  Well, let me show you:
 
 
Start with a Tootsie Pop (it doesn't have to be blurry)
 
 
Add an adorable owl cover.
 
 
Voila!  Owl sucker!  Sometimes when I'm doing stuff like this I think, "sheesh...I have a master's degree for crying out loud."  But other times I just enjoy the heck out of doing something silly and easy and a little bit mindless.  It's also nice to have a task that I can actually finish.  So many things in ministry are constant works in progress that it's nice to be able to finish something sometimes.
 
OK...we clearly now need owl shoes.
 



 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. The owl heels are just weird! The suckers were cute even if the packaging was really noisy. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the heels! I thought about commenting under the picture, but then thought I would let everyone form their own opinion. The sucker packaging was noisy?

      Delete
  2. Pippi wanted to know yesterday if the suckers in the cute owls and the stickers were for them. Had to tell her no they were for your church and she was very disappointed. The packing on the owls was noisy as you were opening them. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...poor Pippi. Tell her she will be getting a surprise from me next week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...