Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Auntie!

Yesterday was the parents' anniversary, and today is my auntie's birthday.  My parents got married the day before my mom's sister's 12th birthday.  Hopefully the auntie was a better behaved preteen than I was, because I might have been thoroughly PO'd.  Although, she was probably way cooler than that, as she is one of the coolest people I know.  Growing up I usually only saw her  once a year, at Christmas, so I'm sure I had this totally false impression of what her life was like.  I think for awhile I thought she lived on the airplane when she wasn't at my grandma's.  This is also the aunt I lived with in TX for 3 years, so I also got to know her an adult, which was a lot of fun.  She was still pretty cool, but it turns out she did NOT live on an airplane.  So, some shoes in honor of her birth:
 
 
This was the shoe from the calendar today, and it just happens to be from the 50's.  Good job, shoe calendar!
 
 
These are the shoes she was wearing today, she said they were new.  See how cool she still is?  How awesome are these?
 
And now some pictures that the internet tells me are of stuff from 1954:
 
 
Seems fitting to include a baby outfit since we are celebrating the year of her birth.  This whole thing is adorable, but baby shoes have definitely gotten cuter since then.

 
French Elle from 1954.  Awww...cute puppy.   Oooooh...hot shoes.

 
These said they were from British Vogue, November 1954, which is absolutely perfect.  I don't think I would necessarily buy these now, but as vintage they are beautiful.

 
I don't particularly care for the shoe shape, but I like the picture.
 
Happy Birthday, Auntie!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love Auntie's new shoes plus all the others today. Baby things - clothes and shoes - are cuter now. Once again Happy Birthday, Sister of ME!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...