Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Slippahs

I went to Target this morning to buy toothpaste.  OK, we actually really do need toothpaste, but I actually went to stress shop.  It was a bit of a rough morning and walking around Target usually helps.  I was just going to buy some chocolate, but then I found slippers:
 
 
Comfy, cute slippers are awesome for stress, right?  Especially when they are on sale!  I proceeded to wear them all day at church and I may or may not have worn them while preaching tonight during worship...
 
While I was in the halls in my slippers one of the preschool teachers (who also happens to be the Pinterest Friend) told me about a woman she saw the other day who was wearing high heeled slippers.  Now, when I hear that phrase, I tend to think of 50s movies where the woman is wearing a peignoir and something like this:
 

 
(Not the bunnies.  The bunnies are just hilarious to me).  But no, she said they were like really hideous bedroom slippers, but with heels, and she really wanted to take a picture for me, but couldn't do it in a way that wouldn't be noticed.  So of course I went looking, but I couldn't find anything that sounded like what she described.  I did find a couple of odd examples, though:
 
 
These aren't bad. I don't think slippers need a heel, but I suppose a wedge makes more sense than a stiletto.
 
 
These are just weird.  Definitely heels.  Fuzzy, yellow, heels.  They look like someone killed a baby muppet and made shoes.  They are wrong on many levels.  But, I also found these:
 
 
I have no idea why these are necessary.  But they are hilarious.  And clearly my imaginary baby needs a pair!  I could totally make these...
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...