Friday, May 8, 2015

More Birthday

I told you I was going to drag this 40th birthday thing out for as long as possible.  Today I got a new pair of shoes in the mail:





I had birthday coupons from DSW, so this is a present to myself.  The hubby accuses me of buying too much, and he probably has a point, but I tend to buy things on sale, with coupons, etc.  His purchases tend to be on the grander scale.  Like the bar he built himself in the backyard for his birthday.  Yeah, my entire shoe collection doesn't come close.  Do I sound a bit defensive?  Maybe a teeny tiny bit.  It's just because hubbies are so silly sometimes.

I still feel pretty awful.  I'll spare you the details, but basically my entire body hurts.  The seester suggested a shot of whiskey, a hot bath, and a cold compress.  Isn't she smart?  Unfortunately I didn't have the energy to clean the dragon germs out of the tub in order to enjoy that entire combination.  Don't get me wrong, I rinse it out and spray it down with Lysol on a daily basis, but I still feel the need to thoroughly bleach it before I submerge myself in what is basically the dragons' toilet.  But enough with the TMI.  Let's look at some more flowered sandals.


I'm surprisingly into orange lately.  These are adorable.


I love the colors, not sure about those exact flowers.  They look (potentially) squishy-comfortable, though.


I think these would be adorable in a variety of colors.  Meaning this shoe in lots of single colors, OR each flower being a different color.


Like this.  I actually tried this shoe on awhile back.  It is soooo cute, but with the thing between the toes I couldn't find a size that was comfortable.  I was sad.  I think I went back and gazed longingly at it about 6 different times, hoping that darn thing between the toe would magically disappear.  Alas, the shoe fairy did not grant my wish.

Once again taking my sinus infection to bed.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

4 comments:

  1. It's called a birthDAY!! Not birth month or birth year.

    Glad you are still celebrating. KMc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? It's not a birth month? But, I only turn 40 once, and now I'm going to be 60!

      Delete
  2. And since 60 is the new 40 you can celebrate 40 for 20 years. Talk about stretching out a celebration!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...