Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Aaaah....it feels nice to be done with the Christmas church stuff.  Since Friday I've had 7 services and done 4 sermons, plus other, non-church stuff.  Last night we had 3 different church services, so I thought, what the heck, I'm going to wear a different pair of shoes to each service.
 
 
I wore these for the first service, which is the family service, and has a lot of kiddos.  These might be my favorite shoes that I currently own, and they strike me as whimsical.  So, since I was doing  a puppet show as the gospel reading and sermon, whimsical seemed the way to go.
 
 
2nd service lessons and carols and is much quieter and calmer than the family service.  These seemed like a nice choice for that atmosphere.
 
 
For the 11:00 service?  The one that goes all the way to midnight and Christmas itself?  Well, gold sparkles of course!  And, these go  best with the white and gold paraments.
 
 
 
I was at church all day before the services, so I was wearing practical shoes and Christmas socks.  I think these are awesome.  Red and green snow flakes, stripes, and possibly poinsettias!
 
 
 
I also preached this morning.  I was tired, so went with low-heeled, but festive red boots...
 
 
...with blue Christmas socks.  The preschoolers gave these to me on Friday, and I think they're adorable.
 
Merry Christmas!  I'm going to watch The Sound of Music and then sleep and sleep and sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of shoe planning effort! ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...