Thursday, December 26, 2013

2nd Day of Christmas

A lot of people think the 12 days of Christmas refer to the 12 days leading up to Christmas, but Christmas is actually a liturgical season that starts on December and goes until January 5th.  January 6th is Epiphany, which is when we celebrate the arrival of the wisemen visiting the baby Jesus.  So, the secular world might be done with Christmas, but we here at Shoetopia have another 11 days to enjoy.  The 2nd day present is 2 turtledoves.  (I really don't want any of the 12 days offerings, but the song is still fun).
 
 
The shoes are "turtle" dove gray.  Clever!  And fairly cute as far as shoes are concerned.  I like the card above, too.  Like the color combination, although the turtledoves look more like crows for some reason.

 
12 days of Christmas also means more time to wear Christmas socks.  SKD gave these to me for Christmas this year.  I love snowmen...

 
Now that the day of Christmas is over, I can post some of the crocheting I did this year.  These are 5 of the 8 hats I made.  For some reason, I didn't take pictures of the other 3, which is weird.  These are the hats I made for the nieces.  They turned out cute, I thought.  Dad sent me pictures today of the present opening yesterday, and it looks like none of the hats really fit very well.  Sigh.  I tried.
 
Enjoy your day of turtledoves!
 

4 comments:

  1. They fit very well when high pony tails are removed. Miss Bean wears hers all the time. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double A told me hers fits without the ponytail. But Laughter's looked way too big and DJ's and Flower's looked way too small.

      Delete
    2. DJ & Flower both had pony tails and Laughter was being goofy. ME

      Delete
    3. I will have to look when I get home and see if they look better in person.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...