Thursday, May 7, 2015

Letters to Zell

I have a sinus infection.  I feel like crap.  Let's not talk about me.

Instead, let's talk about my amazing friend who has a book coming out in July!  (why yes, I do have it pre-ordered on my Kindle, thank you for asking).

Here is the book:


And here is what it is about (according to Amazon):

Everything is going according to story for CeCi (Cinderella), Bianca (Snow White), and Rory (Sleeping Beauty)—until the day that Zell (Rapunzel) decides to leave Grimmland and pursue her life. Now, Zell’s best friends are left to wonder whether their own passions are worth risking their predetermined “happily ever afters,” regardless of the consequences. CeCi wonders whether she should become a professional chef, sharp-tongued and quick-witted Bianca wants to escape an engagement to her platonic friend, and Rory will do anything to make her boorish husband love her. But as Bianca’s wedding approaches, can they escape their fates—and is there enough wine in all of the Realm to help them?

In this hilarious modern interpretation of the fairy-tale stories we all know and love, Letters to Zell explores what happens when women abandon the stories they didn’t write for themselves and go completely off script to follow their dreams.

Don't I just have the coolest friends?  In honor of Cami and her new book, here are shoes based on the 4 main characters.  I went with wedding shoes, because they were more interesting to me tonight, and because the book is about what happens after the weddings and the supposed happily ever afters.


Cinderella.  I keep going back and forth.  I either quite like it or I hate it..


Yowza.  Snow White wedding shoes are intense.


These were also under Snow White, and are much better.  I rather like them.


I have no idea why these would be Sleeping Beauty wedding shoes, but I like them, so I don't care.


Again, not sure of the connection. Any thoughts?


I don't think I'm enough of a Disney fan to go this far with  my wedding shoes.  The shoes themselves seem like they are cute, but I wouldn't want the pictures on the bottom.  Are there any Disney characters you love so much you would want them on the bottom of your wedding shoes?  I'm not coming up with anything so far for myself.


Also Rapunzel, and very sweet.


OK, not shoes and so not me, but I'm kind of in love with this.  I found it when I was searching for shoes, and I love the flower details.  Once upon a time this is sort of the dress I wanted, with the big skirt and the flowing train.  I ended up going practical and not hauling 300 lbs of material around, but I do like this dress in theory.

If you're looking for a new author for your summer reading list, why not try Letters to Zell?  I haven't read it yet, but I know the author, and she's pretty freaking fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Like the shoes and will try to remember to get the book. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...