Friday, January 29, 2016

Lolly Lolly Lolly

Do you remember School House Rock!?  I watched (and loved) it as a kid, and then my mom bought the series on VHS so the nieces have seen them all as well.  The other day the hubby was singing Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, Get Your Adverbs here, so it's been stuck in my head.  It frequently gets stuck there and I frequently sing it using all kinds of 2 syllable words:  Puppies, Puppies, Puppies, Get Your Puppies Here, or Dragons, Dragons, Dragons...you know, whatever I'm thinking of at the time.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the video:


Adverbs, as I'm sure you know, modify verbs, and often end in the letters ly.  So here are my adverb inspired shoes for you today:


Shoe is a noun, but shod is a verb, so your feet can be brightly shod.  All of the shoes in today's post are ones I found by typing in the adverb + shoes and seeing what popped up.


Your feet can be obnoxiously shod.  What the hell IS this thing?


They can be elegantly shod.  I like this shoe; it's going in my imaginary wedding closet.


Ooooh...your feet can be warmly shod.  These look so snuggly!


Baby feet can be happily shod.


There was a period of time when about 15 people shared these to my Facebook page.  Apparently they were either all dog lovers or they wanted my feet to be foolishly shod.

You already know that I'm a big dork, and now you know that I'm an even bigger dork and a grammar nerd, one who writes blog posts about adverbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...