Friday, December 23, 2016

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Today would have been my Grandma Sylvia's 99th birthday.  I've posted before how her birthday marks the beginning of Christmas for me and how those traditions are still foremost in my head this time of year even though it has been a very long time since we actually went to her house for Christmas.  This was one of the pictures I posted on Facebook this morning:





Is it weird for me to say that my grandma was kind of a dish?  And that coat is amazing.  In honor of that coat, tonight's shoes may or may not be vintage, and may or may not be from the time this picture was taken.  None of them are suitable for snow.
 



I love these.  I would wear them now.


I might not wear these now, but I am imagining the vintage outfits I would pair them with.  My imaginary closets are uh-maze-ing.
 

I would wear these too.  What a delightfully sturdy heel!


Ooooh, I'm not sure I could pull these off, so I'm thinking they'd have to go in the imaginary closet with some more fabulous outfits.
 

Love.  Outfits.  Closet.


A world of yes.  I want these  in real life AND for the imaginary closet!

Tonight I made an angel food cake to celebrate the birthday (yep, baking-fest 2016 continues), and I wore one of Grandma's shirts.  This shirt to be exact:





I miss this lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...