Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Remembered!

Ha!  I remembered!  It's Handbag Tuesday, actually being brought to you on Tuesday!  Hey, I'll take my accomplishments where I can get them.  Today's number choice comes to us from our fabulous Preschool Director (I asked her to choose a number and she said, "why?" really skeptically.  My poor staff puts up with a lot from me).  Anyhoo, she chose number 65.  You are actually getting pages 64 and 65 since the picture took up both pages.  Woohoo!  2 for 1!
 

This is a beaded Art Deco evening bag from around 1920.  It's pretty.  I like the detailing.  It makes me think of scenes from parties in books like The Great Gatsby.
 
I also have a book called SHOES that sits on my shoe shrine table.  It was a gift for one of my wedding showers last summer.  I figured since I have it and I'm highlighting the Handbags book it might also be fun to show the corresponding page in the shoe book.  Page 65 in shoes does NOT go with page 65 in handbags (not that I really expected it to).
 
 
If  you can read it, the top of the page says The "Invisible" Sandal. I have to say, I'm not terribly impressed.  See-through shoes like this tend to put me in mind of strippers.
 
So there you have it...from glamorous handbag to stripper shoes!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...