Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mmmmmm

We've talked about both cake and cupcakes before.  Usually people post cute pictures on my facebook wall, and then I post them here.  Tonight I decided to go search and see what I could see.  I'm not sure why.  I'm not craving cake or anything, it was just the first thing that popped into my head tonight when I was trying to decide what to write about (sorry, Mom, I know it's midnight there...I'm running late today).  As you would expect from the internet, there are a LOT of pictures of shoe-themed cakes out there.  Some are amazing, some are cute, some are obviously home-made, which makes them just as special in my eyes.  Here are 4 that I chose somewhat at random to give you a glimpse of the lengths people will go to with cake.
 

OK, this is technically a cake stand with shoes, but I thought it was stinkin' cute, and I love the stripes.
 
 
Cakes that are this intricate always make me think how I wouldn't want to cut into them and ruin the art.  Plus, just the thought of that much fondant makes me a little queasy.


Simpler, but still pretty.  Still too much fondant.
 
 
These are actually Dolce and Gabbana and not cake, but they popped up in the search.  While I appreciate the intricacy of this as a shoe, I really wish it was cake.  This would be an amazing cake.  Someone needs to get on this.
 


1 comment:

  1. I really like the Halloween cake and cake stand, too fun! ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...