Saturday, October 26, 2013

Preschool Harvest Fest

Today was the annual Halloween celebration for the church preschool.  It's my 4th since starting this call, and it is so much fun to see the kids all dressed up in their costumes. They get to play games, decorate cookies, do crafts, have their faces painted, etc.  The staff does a great job of setting everything up and making sure everyone has a great time.  I never used to really get into Halloween until I started here and started dressing up for the Harvest Fest.  My first year I was a go-go dancer (sort of) and had awesome white boots.  The 2nd year I went the poodle skirt route (yaaaay saddle shoes!).  Last year I had a Renaissance dress.  This year I went as a flapper:
 
 
This is the dress, although the I didn't accessorize quite the same.  I even already owned the perfect shoes for the occasion:
 

 
I bought these a few years ago for a wedding. You can tell they aren't new by the lovely marks on the side of the heel.  Anyway, I knew I had cute burgundy t-straps so I got a black dress and a burgundy boa.  The boa turned out to be more purple, but oh well.  At least I have another year to figure out the next costume.  Or I could just go back to the poodle skirt; as long as The Bean sends me back the saddle shoes...
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...