Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reformation Sunday

Today is the day in the Lutheran church when we celebrate Martin Luther and the beginning of the Protestant Reformation.  At St. Someone's it also means we are encouraged to wear red and that after church we eat bratwursts and jello.  One of the choir ladies looked at my shoes after 2nd service and, sounding all disappointed, wondered where my fancy shoes were.
 
 
Granted, they aren't my fanciest shoes ever, but come on!  They are shiny red patent leather with cute straps!  I also have a soft place in my heart for these shoes as they are the ones I wore for my ordination.  I wasn't the only one wearing cute read shoes this morning.  I snapped this during lunch after church:
 
 
The wearer is 3 and thought it was absolutely hilarious that I took a picture of her shoes.  She then climbed me like a jungle gym.  She might have had a bit too much sugar.  I think these are adorable.  Not fancy, either, but really cute.  Especially since she was wearing them with a red Elmo shirt.
 
And, just to be thorough for you, o readers, here are some Elmo shoes:
 

 
As  you can imagine, there are a million more out there if you need more of an Elmo fix.  So there you go:  From Martin Luther to Elmo.  Just a typical day here at Shoetopia.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...