Saturday, September 13, 2014

Shoe Shower

I attended a lovely bridal shower for a friend today.  Except for the fact that it got up to 104 and we were outside for part of the time it was just about perfect.  The bride looked beautiful, the cake was yummy, and I was socially awkward.  All was right with the world.  So off I went to search for bridal shower shoes:





First, obviously, you need to send out invitations.  I love both of these.  I have shoes very similar to the top pair, and I think I need some cute flowery ones in the bottom invitation.




I never ever would have thought to put shoes on a cake plate as a decoration.  But someone with my wedding color did.  (My wedding shoes were better.  I'm just saying.)  It looks kind of cool.  Also kind of weird.






And then you must feed your guests.  That's a lot of cake in that first picture.  Today's bride loves purple and also loves shoes, so I think she needs the second cake.  And while I hate the spikes on the shoes in this third picture, I love the concept.  Cake!  Cupcakes!  Shoes!  Um...ignore that Happy Birthday part.


Finally, you want to send you guests home with a lovely party favor.  Shoe shaped bottle openers.  Sure.

All of these pictures have made me decide I need a shower do-over.  No, wait...all 3 of my showers were lovely and I don't want anyone to think I didn't enjoy them or wish for something different.  Instead, I think someone should throw me a shoe shower.  I wouldn't even need presents, just friends and shoe stuff.  Anyone want to get on that?  Anyone?  Hello...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...