Friday, November 14, 2014

Hubby is the Big 4-5

Today is the hubby's 45th birthday.  Last year's post was about shoes and food, this year I'm going with sports and shoes.  Hubby grew up in Ohio, and I have learned more than I ever thought I wanted to know about the Ohio-Michigan rivalry.



There are a lot of Ohio fans at St. Someone's and the whole lot of them are obsessively crazy.  (BTW...the tennies are cuz the hubby doesn't wear heels.  The heels are for me, obviously)
 


Here's the thing.  The hubby is from Ohio, but he's a Michigan fan.  He's a traitor!  His family loves to call him when Michigan loses so they can rub it in. 


He didn't go to either school, though.  He played football for The University of Akron.  Did you know that their team is The Zips, after the zipper factory?  And yet, their mascot is a kangaroo.  I am befuddled.  But!  Today is also Pedro's birthday!  Here he is supporting dad's school.
 


I've already mentioned the hubby's love of The Cowboys.  They're actually doing relatively well this year, and I'm fairly horrified that I know this.
 

Not Pedro, though.  He loves watching football with Dad.



His favorite basketball team is the LA Lakers.  The heels above were listed as wedding shoes.  That's a major fan right there.
 

We even found Pedro a basketball outfit.  It really is purple, even though it looks blue here.



And finally, the favorite baseball team is The Yankees.   He has had these favorites since he was a little boy.  I *think* he watched them all win their respective series one year and has loved them ever since.  I might be remembering that incorrectly.  I could look it up and see if that happened in a year in the 70s, but I'm lazy and I'd rather just snuggle this puppy curled up by my hip.

Pedro doesn't have a Yankees outfit yet.  We need to get him one.  And then we might have to get him his own chest of drawers to hold all of his clothes...

Happy Birthday, Hubby and Pedro!

1 comment:

  1. When he visits here he won't have to have all those clothes since we seldom watch sports. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...