Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day of the Dead

Before we get to the shoes, I have to confess to being a bad dragon mama and not posting them in their costumes yesterday. So here they are.


Yes, the bearded dragons got to be real dragons for Halloween. Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

And moving on.  Today is All Saints Day, a day when we remember and celebrate the loved ones  who have died.  On a similar note, it's also The Day of the Dead in Mexico and many other cultures around the world.  It's the same concept as All Saints, but way more explicit.  People dress up and paint their faces like skeletons.  There are also foods in the shapes of coffins and skeletons.  They definitely don't hide from death, instead they celebrate the lives of those who have died and recognize that death is a part of life.


If  you weren't looking closely, you might think these were just flowers rather than flowers and skulls. I actually think they're adorable.
 

Wow, these are bright.  But I like them.  Way more festive than my skeleton socks!


A little more subdued, but still sticking with the theme.


I love this, too.  I love the color and the way the pattern pops from the black shoe.


These are...wow.  There is a LOT going on with these.   You know how I love a wedge, but these are just too much for me.


For those of you who prefer a nice cowboy boot as opposed to heels or tennies.


Even babies can have cute Day of the Dead shoes.  These are great.

Whether All Saints or Day of the Dead, I hope you took a few moments (or a lot more) today to remember those who have died, and to give thanks for the influences they had in your life.

I've already set my clocks back, and I'm looking forward to that lovely extra hour of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...