Sunday, November 2, 2014

Norwegian Puppies

Tallulah and I have been to the vet with Chalupah twice this weekend.  He was throwing up last week, and he seems to be losing weight, so the hubby asked me to make an appointment.  He got an X-ray which showed a very very full little tummy, even though he hadn't eaten in several hours.  The vet said she wasn't too worried, but wanted to make sure, so we got to go back on Saturday for a second X-ray.  This one looked great, and things were, um, moving along just fine.  He got some anti-nausea medicine, and he has to be on a bland diet for about a week.  Since he has to be on a special diet, so does Tallulah since I can't separate them for stuff like that.  Lucky puppies get to eat white rice and low fat cottage cheese.  White and bland.  Which makes me joke that they are now Norwegian puppies as we Norwegians tend to eat blonde, bland foods.

Puppies, vets, cottage cheese.  Clearly we shall look at Norwegian shoes tonight.




Flag shoes are always fun.  At least these are fairly normal.  Not like some of the crazy flag shoes I've found in the past.
 

But I also love socks.  And Norwegian socks are particularly awesome.  Love these.


These look a little like a pair I used to have that were pink and matched my pink Norwegian sweater.  It's not pink-pink.  More mauve pink.


These look like stained glass windows.  Oooh...I want my next church to have Norwegian sock pattern stained glass windows.
 

Baby socks!


For the lovers of green in my life.

I can't knit.  And if  I could, I certainly couldn't knit like this.  If I were able, I would make myself a bunch of Norwegian sweaters with matching socks.  Of course, I wouldn't be able to wear the sweaters, as they are waaaaaay too warm for California.  The 2 I already own have to live in Montana.  I miss them.

My little Mexican-Norwegian puppies will stay on their bland diet for a few more days, and this Norwegian-Scottish-German will dream of gorgeous socks and sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...