Saturday, February 6, 2016

Happy Birthdays

You might remember that February 6 is a pretty awesome day as it is the birthday of 2 of my favorite people, The Nephew and the BSF!

The Nephew is 6 today, and like any self-respecting 6 year old, he loves Star Wars (he also loves The Beatles, so you know I approve).  Today he's having a Darth Vader cake, so I thought I'd go find him some Star Wars Shoes.


Darth Vader tennies!  I think we both need a pair.


As well as a pair of Chewbacca slippers.  These are adorable and crack me up.


I also want a pair of these.  Apparently The Nephew and I need a Star Wars imaginary shoe closet.


If you haven't seen the new movie you might not recognize the new droid, BB8,  alongside R2D2.  I like that this pair combines the old and new.

I don't actually know how to segue into the next set of pictures except to move from The Nephew to the BSF and try not to worry about making it a smooth transition.  The BSF shares my love of shoes (hence her nickname).  Since this is also Super Bowl weekend, I went with a sports theme.  The BSF got her first (of like 8 million) Masters Degrees at KU and worked there as a sports therapist for many years before decided to go to seminary.  The Jayhawk was the first college mascot I actually recognized outside my own school.  So, in honor of that, and her birthday, here are some Jayhawk shoes.


 These are cute.  I would wear them.



These are hilarious and weird and awesome and I want some with my college mascot on them.


Of course I had to find a pair of sparkly heels!

Happy Birthday, Nephew and BSF!  So happy to have both of you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...