Saturday, October 8, 2016

Duckies

I got to Skype with the fam today, which was awesome.  Although I'm not sure I ever saw anyone's whole face at any given time, which was awesomely hilarious.  I saw a lot of Laughter's hair, a lot of Flower's glasses, the seester's and auntie's parts in their hair, Mom's elbow, The Bean's and Double A's chins.  Oh well, it was nice to see even that much of them!  We Skyped to talk about Mom and Dad's upcoming 50th wedding anniversary, but I also got to wish Flower a happy baptism anniversary.  She was baptized 8 years ago today!  Except...she wasn't.  I had it on my calendar as today, but it was really October 5th.  I'm the worst auntie/godmother ever.  At least I got to sing to her even if it was on the wrong day.  Yep, I sing for everything.  This was Happy Baptism Anniversary to the tune of Happy Birthday.  I just shoved those extra syllables right on in.  I'm fairly sure there was eye rolling on more than just the part of Flower. 

Anywho, since I've already done baptism shoes a couple of times, I thought I'd do something else.  So ducky shoes!  Hey, baptism...water...ducks...work with me here. And yes, I've also done ducks before, but only once, and those were mostly adult shoes.


Crocheted duckies! And yes, day 3 of baby shoes. I've decided to continue to torture myself.  Besides, duckie and puppy baby shoes are just cuter.


Duckie pull-toy shoes.  Or so I'm assuming.


Kissing duckies!  I don't think that's what they're actually supposed to be doing, but it's my blog and I'll make stuff up as it amuses me. 


These are super sweet.  I wish I could see the detail a little clearer.


Also sweet.  Also pull toys?  Actually old fashioned or just made to look that way?


I though I'd end on a whimsical/crazy note.  Don't dress your baby's feet in rubber ducky crocs, please!  Unless you have a really compelling reason, of course.  Like a theme party.  I'm all for theme shoes.

I'm shutting up now.  I think the sinus infection/bronchitis is making me loopy(er).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...